Speaker 1: Gavin Stuart, Partner Bartier Perry
The legal aspects of workplace and employment issues arising from COVID-19 will be provided by Gavin Stuart, a commercial lawyer, and the head of Bartier Perry’s Commercial Disputes team. Gavin will discuss:
- Government response to COVID-19 and impact on workplaces
- Employee wellbeing and mental health, and complying with your WHS obligations
- Changes to Modern Awards
- Managing salary reductions, redundancies, and dismissals
- JobSeeker versus JobKeeper
Gavin Stuart – Bartier Perry
Gavin has over twenty-three years’ practicing experience in a broad range of commercial legal work and he has interest areas covering commercial contract issues, insolvency and finance disputes, the convergence of law and technology and cross border dealings and disputes. You can see further details about Gavin at https://www.bartier.com.au/our-team/gavin-stuart/.
Speaker 2: Joanne Fisher, Principal and Managing Partner Fisher Management Consulting
Enduring today’s reality – How Managers can support themselves and their people through uncertainty.
There is a lot to discuss about the circumstances that seem to be exponentially changing the world as we know it as a result of COVID-19. Much of it, we can do very little about. But now more than ever before, as leaders and managers, there is a lot at stake when it comes to our people – supporting physically isolated teams, holding them on purpose and addressing their well-being for the days, weeks and months to come.
In this practical presentation followed by a Q&A, Joanne will discuss:
- The pivotal role of communication to foster resilience, trust, and motivation
- Creating a (new) workplace culture with structure, purpose, and personal control
- “Psychological Safety” – promoting team well-being and avoiding the unintended risks and consequences of isolation from WFH/remote working
- Practical tips for managers to effectively lead remote teams right now.
Joanne Fisher – Fisher Management Consulting
Fisher Management Consulting (FMC), founded by Joanne Fisher, is a privately owned HR Consulting and Talent Management company based in Sydney, Australia. FMC partners with SME’s and international clients providing them with Tailored services to build their people capability.
With over 25 years’ in HR Consulting and Talent Management, Joanne has a strong interest and experience, working across cultures, having lived, and worked in Germany, Singapore, Japan, and Australia. Joanne holds a Bachelor of Business (Human Resources), Graduate Diploma in Counselling, is an ICF Professional Certified (PCC) executive coach, and a professional member of the Career Development Association of Australia.