Founded in 2015, Professionals in International Trade (PIT) was founded with the mission to connect and support like-minded individuals who work and share a common interest in international trade and investment, business and foreign affairs.
PIT’s aim is to create opportunities for members to connect on both a social and professional level and to help foster long-term relationships built on trust and business collaboration. Today PIT has become a leading Association for professionals in international trade in Sydney with ambitions to expand to other Australian states and overseas.
HOW IS PIT MANAGED?
PIT is an officially registered Association under NSW Fair Trading. It is managed by an Executive Board and Committee Members who support specific operational aspects of the Association. Board Members and Committee Members are elected and agree to meet and communicate regularly to oversee the effective running of the Association.
PIT’s Key Board & Committee Positions include:
|1. CHAIR & PUBLIC OFFICER||Board Member|
|2. VICE-CHAIR||Board Member|
|3. SECRETARY||Board Member|
|4. TREASURER||Board Member|
|5. ASSISTANT TREASURER||Committee Member|
|6. HEAD OF PARTNERSHIPS||Board Member|
|7. PARTNERSHIPS COMMITTEE MEMBER||Committee Member|
|8. HEAD OF MEMBERSHIP||Board Member|
|9. JOB BOARD COMMITTEE MEMBER||Committee Member|
|10. HEAD OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS||Board Member|
|11. SOCIAL MEDIA COMMITTEE MEMBER – LINKEDIN & TWITTER||Committee Member|
|12. WEBSITE MANAGER COMMITTEE MEMBER||Committee Member|
|13. HEAD OF EVENTS||Board Member|
WHY BE A BOARD OR COMMITTEE MEMBER?
- Strengthen your personal branding and profile as an international business professional
- Learn new skills and competencies that will benefit your personal and professional aspirations
- Improve your network in the international trade sector
- Further PIT’s mission to connect and support the international trade & investment community
- Be part of a high performing team of industry professionals
WHAT QUALITIES ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A BOARD OR COMMITTEE MEMBER?
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in international business and relations
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Outstanding written communication and attention to detail
- Ability to network and liaise with a range of high-level stakeholders
PIT is a not-for-profit organisation created to support the international business community.
All Board Members are volunteers and not remunerated for their time.
ELECTION PROCEDURE FOR NEW BOARD MEMBER & COMMITTEE MEMBER POSITIONS
- Detailed position descriptions will be shared with all interested candidates who write to email@example.com to express their interest to join PIT by 5pm Tuesday 11 December.
- Interested candidates will then be asked to submit by 8pm Friday 14th of December: A copy of their CV and a ½ Page – 1 Page Letter of Motivation responding to the position that they would like to apply for outlining why they believe they would be the best fit. This should include any plans as to how they plan to contribute towards the growth of the Association.
- Candidates are welcomed to join the PIT Board Meeting at 6pm on Monday 17th of December where they will be given the opportunity to present themselves and their application for a position (for candidates unable to attend, they can submit a video pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pmFriday 14th of December – for large video files we recommend using WeTransfer).
- After all the candidates have been heard, an anonymous vote will be taken of members present to elect the new position holders. Due to their previous contribution to PIT, existing Board Members will be given to 2 votes each to use on themselves or another candidate.
- All elected Board Members will serve a trial period of 6 months after which their contribution and adherence to their elected position will be evaluated against a set of criteria by the Chair.