Founded in 2015, Professionals in International Trade (PIT) was founded with the mission to connect and support like-minded individuals who work and share a common interest in international trade and investment, business and foreign affairs.
PIT’s aim is to create opportunities for members to connect on both a social and professional level and to help foster long-term relationships built on trust and business collaboration. Today PIT has become a leading Association for professionals in international trade in Sydney with ambitions to expand to other Australian states and overseas.
HOW IS PIT MANAGED?
PIT is an officially registered Association under NSW Fair Trading. It is managed by an Executive Board and Committee Members who support specific operational aspects of the Association. Board Members and Committee Members are elected and agree to meet and communicate regularly to oversee the effective running of the Association.
PIT’s Key Board & Committee Positions include:
|1. CHAIR & PUBLIC OFFICER||Board Member|
|2. VICE-CHAIR||Board Member|
|3. SECRETARY||Board Member|
|4. TREASURER||Board Member|
|5. ASSISTANT TREASURER||Committee Member|
|6. HEAD OF PARTNERSHIPS||Board Member|
|7. PARTNERSHIPS COMMITTEE MEMBER||Committee Member|
|8. HEAD OF MEMBERSHIP||Board Member|
|9. JOB BOARD COMMITTEE MEMBER||Committee Member|
|10. HEAD OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS||Board Member|
|11. SOCIAL MEDIA COMMITTEE MEMBER – LINKEDIN & TWITTER||Committee Member|
|12. WEBSITE MANAGER COMMITTEE MEMBER||Committee Member|
|13. HEAD OF EVENTS||Board Member|
WHY BE A BOARD OR COMMITTEE MEMBER?
- Strengthen your personal branding and profile as an international business professional
- Learn new skills and competencies that will benefit your personal and professional aspirations
- Improve your network in the international trade sector
- Further PIT’s mission to connect and support the international trade & investment community
- Be part of a high performing team of industry professionals
WHAT QUALITIES ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A BOARD OR COMMITTEE MEMBER?
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in international business and relations
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Outstanding written communication and attention to detail
- Ability to network and liaise with a range of high-level stakeholders
PIT is a not-for-profit organisation created to support the international business community.
All Board Members are volunteers and not remunerated for their time.
Date: March 2020
PIT is currently seeking applicants for the Board Sub-committe for Marketing & Communications
We are seeking one or more candidates with expertise in:
- Content marketing, WordPress
- Content marketing, Eventbrite
- Content marketing, social media communication
- Design, digital or content marketing communications
ELECTION PROCEDURE FOR NEW BOARD SUB-COMMITTEE MEMBER POSITIONS
- Request a position description for the Marketing and Communications Board sub-committee through email@example.com
- Please send a copy of your CV and a ½ Page – 1 Page Letter of Motivation responding to the position description outlining why you believe you would be the best fit.
- Applicants will be given an opportunity to present to the PIT Board or PIT Board members where you will be given the opportunity to present yourself and your application for the position.